We'll make this process as easy and nontechnical as possible. Here are a few key words that will help.
A group of computers or devices that can talk to each other (in our case, wirelessly).
The amount of capacity available to transfer data—such as web sites, social media, voice calls or streaming video—over a network. This is measured in megabits/second, or Mbps.
A BeIP Wifi compatible router that is connected to the Internet (usually through a DSL, cable, or LAN).
A BeIP Wifi compatible router that is not connected to the Internet that repeats the signals from local computers and other nodes to the gateway.
A generic name for a BeIP Wifi -compatible router/access point, which can be either a Gateway or a Repeater.
All BeIP Wifi devices configure themselves: they become gateways or repeaters depending on if they are hard-wired to the Internet or not.
BeIP wifi solutions grew out of experiences deploying networks for hotels and caravan parks We had several requirements for each network:
- It must be affordable
- It must provide a good signal indoors without additional equipment.
- It must be able to let people know when there is a problem (such as being unplugged or power loss)
These requirements can be applied to essentially any wireless network, anywhere. By managing the network through the BeIP wifi cloud, much of the cost, expertise and equipment typically required to build a network is eliminated. In addition, features typically available only on enterpriseclass systems are provided within a fixed monthly network management charge . No configuration is required by the user on the access points themselves: all changes are done by our help desk via the BeIP Wifi cloud.
Using the BeIP Wifi Solution you can:
- Extend wireless coverage without running additional cables.
- Utilize two SSID's (or “networks”), typically one public, one private.
- Limit bandwidth up and down.
- Display splash pages (the splash page is fully editable via an HTML/ WYSIWYG editor).
- Set up and change the network passwords.
- Redirect users to any web page on login.
- Prevent public users from accessing the wired or private network.
- And much more..!